2011 was a whirlwind of activity with a few big milestones thrown in–I survived my first spring break trip, spent three exciting months in NYC, made my first homemade tomato sauce (thanks, mom!), led my first mini PR campaign for a local nonprofit and turned the big 2-1. I made it to 2012, the year everyone was speculative about. At midnight on NYE, I was expecting some powerful explosion or power outage but it turned out to be like any other New Years Eve–loud, joyful and yes, a little bit claustrophobic.
It’s been a while since I’ve written so I thought I’d ease my way back into the blogosphere with a list. Everyone loves writing lists, especially when you can check off most of the things you jotted down. This may be a tough list for me to come to terms with but it’s a new year and that means new beginnings and new habits. A few of my 2012 New Years Resolutions:
1. Take up a new hobby. I’m thinking something along the lines of painting, sewing, ceramics, really looking to tap into my creative element.
2. Spend less time on the computer. It’s really hard to pry myself away from the screen, especially as a student, but I’ve given up computer time and invested my time elsewhere many times before and I know I can do it this year.
3. Save more $. Ooo this is a tough one. I’m entering second semester senior year and I know I won’t be missing out on all the fun activities that come with it. Fun activities cost money. I guess what I mean by saving more is that I want to be more methodical in what I spend it on. Methodical spending could mean going to the mall less or doing less online shopping.
4. Stress less over the little things.
5. Be more spontaneous. The spice of life.
6. Pause more. I’m always going, going, going that sometimes I forget to just step back or sit down for a second and catch my breath. I know I’ll be more relaxed if I can do this at least once a day.
By 2013, my goal is to have most of these 2012 to-do’s become part of my daily routine. Cheers to the new year and thanks for all the memories 2011! More to come in 2012.