Back to Reality but With a New Outlook

I realize it’s been a while since I’ve written, but I’ve been busy with vacations and getting ready to go back to school. Puerto Rico was a haven away  from the snow and cold weather, but I was in instant shock when I stepped off the plane on Saturday to brave Boston’s windchill. I was in even greater shock last night when I spent about 20 minutes outside a restaurant in Syracuse. The temperatures were close to below zero, and I remember hailing a cab only to later be crying in the basement of my sorority house because it felt like my toes were going to fall off. Despite freezing temperatures and an 8-hour train ride from home to school, it never felt so good to be back at school after five long weeks.

I have a laundry list of resolutions this year–be more spontaneous, get to the gym more, drink less coffee. According to this month’s Women’s Health, 38 percent of women break their resolutions in a month or less. I’m trying to be part of the other 62 percent of women who don’t.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s